Our eleven African painted dog pups are in need of names. Here is a rare chance for you to name one of the Binder Park Zoo pack. That’s right – a donation of $1000 earns you the right to bestow a moniker on one of these four-footed, satellite-eared, tail-wagging wild little canines. Need some inspiration? Honor your favorite person or a beloved pet, an admired historical figure or pop culture icon. Name one after your business, team mascot or a product you make… the list can go on forever! But hurry, this opportunity is limited and first come, first serve – there are only eleven!
For the naming opportunity, you’ll receive:
- Name of choice*
- Color photo of the pup
- “Animal art” – actual puppy paw print
- A plush painted dog with an engraved name tag
- Special Invitation for you and your guest to “meet” the pack at a special morning event and see them receive a deer carcass portion. Trust us, this is something to see! Date TBD.
- Recognition at the exhibit during the 2019 season.
* (requires final approval by zoo staff)
African painted dogs each have unique markings and color patterns. As the pups grow, these markings become more identifiable. These, along with the personality traits that were noted at their first exam, are how the keepers can tell the pups apart. That is if they hold still long enough!