Summer Day Camp 2022 Registration is CLOSED
We look forward to seeing you during the 2023 Summer Day Camps!
Summer Day Camp 2022
Get ready for fun in the sun this summer at Binder Park Zoo! Children who attend Summer Day Camps will have many opportunities to shape and expand their knowledge of plants, animals, and conservation all while enjoying summer break and making friends they won’t soon forget. Your child will be so busy exploring they won’t even realize they’re learning!
Online registration is preferred, or you may download the 2022 Registration packet and register by mail. Please e-mail Amy Wesner at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions!
Who: Children entering grades 1st-7th
When: Monday - Friday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Where: Binder Park Zoo
Pricing: $200 per camper per week
2022 Summer Day Camp Topics
King Phillip Came Over For Great Spaghetti is a fun way to remember how living things are classified. Campers will enjoy exploring nature and meeting zoo animals as they learn about scientific processes like zoology and taxonomy!
Zoo animals eat a variety of healthy and natural items made fresh every day! Campers will enjoy learning about zoo diets as they get a crash course in the daily enrichment of the animals.
Dinosaurs are at Binder Park Zoo! Campers will enjoy walking with extinct creatures in the park as they learn about understanding the past in order to better the future.
There will be no camp this week in observation of Independence Day.
Let’s team up to make a difference for wildlife! Campers will enjoy getting to know some amazing zoo animals and learning new ways to combat pollution, habitat loss, and even poaching.
Animals leave behind many clues to tell us where they have been, from horns and teeth to fur and feathers. Campers will enjoy seeing the world through a different lens in this one of a kind experience all about animal bio-facts!
Have you ever wondered where the animals go when the zoo is closed? Campers will enjoy observing different species on exhibit as they learn all about designing a home at the zoo!
Things aren’t always what they seem in the animal kingdom! Campers will enjoy putting their knowledge to the test as we play a game of “Fact or Fiction” to find out why some animals get a bad reputation.
Go green for the planet when you learn valuable steps that can save animals! Campers will enjoy learning to reduce their environmental footprints by repurposing everyday items into reusable treasures.
Important Program Information
• Parents/Guardians must register their own children to participate in Summer Day Camp.
• Registrations will be accepted by mail, email, fax, or online. No phone registrations please.
• Registration including payment, release forms, and immunization records are due at least 10 days before the first selected camp starts. There may be a delay in admitting your child to camp if all required paperwork is not received prior to the camp start date.
• Registrations are processed first come - first served. If a camp is full upon receiving your registration, we will contact you about a refund or enrolling into another open week.
• Once the registration is processed, we will email a confirmation letter containing important information about the selected camp. Please add email@example.com to your list of approved emails.
Special Needs and Behavior Policies:
• Campers of all ability levels are welcome to attend Summer Day Camp. Please let us know during registration if your child has any special needs that we should be aware of. We will work with you to make reasonable accommodations but are not able to provide one-on-one assistance during camps. You may be asked to secure an adult chaperone or aide to assist them for the week free of charge.
• Binder Park Zoo reserves the right to refuse enrollment to anyone or dismiss without refund any camper for behavioral issues. Violent or threatening behavior towards oneself or others will result in an immediate dismissal from camp.
Camp Cancellation Policy:
• Summer Day Camps run rain or shine.
• There are no partial refunds for missed days.
• Cancellations received at least 5 business days prior may be refunded or transferred as long as the cancelled space is filled before the camp starts, a $10 processing fee will apply.
• Cancellations received 0-4 business days prior: No refund, no transfer. Must re-register and pay again.
• Full refunds and transfers will only be issued if Binder Park Zoo must cancel a camp due to extenuating circumstances or there is low enrollment in a certain age group.
Lunches and snacks:
• Please send a cold lunch with your child Monday – Thursday. We will have a pizza party on Fridays!
• We will offer two daily snacks; granola bars, cookies, s’mores, chips, goldfish, or similar items.
• Please include allergy information on the Medical Treatment Release form.
• A list of items to send with your child to camp will be included in your confirmation email.
Gear packages $35
* Gear package includes a drawstring pack, T-shirt, collapsible water bottle, bug repellent wipes, and select animal plush
Youth - Small, Medium, Large
Adult - Small, Medium, Large
**Each week of camp has 40 spaces for preregistered campers entering grades 1st – 7th. We will separate campers into two age appropriate learning environments during each week of camp. All ages will report to the same location for drop off and pick up.