Welcome to Binder Park Zoo
Binder Park Zoo is now OPEN!
M-F 9-5/Sat 9-6/Sun 11-6
PLEASE read the following important information about your visit
Things will look a little different at the zoo because we have made important changes and taken careful measures to help keep our guests, staff and animals safe and healthy. We ask you to do your part to PROTECT THE HERD by following these instructions during your visit:
- Face masks are recommended
- Practice social distance, stay 6 feet apart
- Wash your hands often & use hand sanitizer
- Be patient as you wait in line
- Take turns at animal exhibits
- HAVE FUN!
Because safety is our first priority, here are some of the changes you should be aware of which will be subject to change:
- There will be NO goat feeding, duck feeding or face painting.
- ZooKeeper Tails, Animal Encounters and Guided Tours will not be available.
- Giraffe feeding will be available, but face masks and sanitized hands will be required –no exception. Only guests who purchase lettuce snacks will be permitted on the Twiga Overlook deck, and only three groups separated by a barrier at a time. Twiga Overlook closes each day one hour prior to the zoo closing time
- The Adventure Station is closed.
- Beulah’s Restaurant in the East Zoo will be temporarily closed.
- Kalahari Kitchen is now OPEN DAILY in Wild Africa
- Safari Gift Shop & Zawadi Traders are both open but will limit the number of guests at a time. Drinks and snacks are available at both locations.
- The Z.O. & O. Train and Binda Conservation Carousel will not operate at this time
- The Wilderness Trams will transport guests to Wild Africa and seating has been modified for social distancing. Guests can opt to walk the .5 mile, 15 minute route to and from Wild Africa - a trek that is uphill there and downhill back.
Beulah’s Restaurant is in the East Zoo will be temporarily closed.
Kalahari Kitchen is now OPEN DAILY in Wild Africa.
Safari Gift Shop is located at the zoo exit and is where you’ll find unique, affordable gifts and apparel for everyone.
Zawadi Traders is now open, come check out all the new & wild gifts!
Restrooms are available for use inside Binder Park Zoo.
Binder Park Zoo has employed guidelines developed by the CDC, the state of Michigan, public health officials and other AZA accredited zoos to create as safe an operational plan as possible. Safety guidelines for guests will be posted throughout the facility and zoo staff will follow protocols including wearing face masks and depending on their position, gloves too. Protective shields have been installed in areas where transactions will occur, and a rigorous cleaning/sanitizing schedule has been instituted across the facility.
When you visit Binder Park Zoo, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.